September 30, 2022
Written by Céline and published from Overblog
For this DIYI tried to wow Oliver by making him a pompom Soft. I am completely new to the creative field but I wanted to please my cat.
DIY: make a pompom for a cat!
Oliver loves toys… so I made a soft pom pom for her to play with.
- A sheet of cardboard or a piece of cardboard.
- A compass.
Making a pompom for my cat: step by step
- Draw two circles on a piece of card stock or cardboard. Then, a smaller one inside. Cut them out.
- You now have two rings. Cut several threads of wool. I advise you to take thick wool that does not fray. For my first pompom, the green wool had several threads and I struggled a bit and the result was less pretty than my second pompom made with thick wool with two colors.
- Assemble the two rings on top of each other and wrap the woolen threads around the rings. Do several rounds.
- Spread the strands of wool to release the cardboard rings and cut the wool following the rings.
- Once you have cut the pieces of wool. Cut a yarn from your ball of wool and pass it inside the ring. All you have to do is tie a knot. You can remove the cardboard and admire your pompom!
I left a piece of yarn to hang the pompom for my cat to play! I really enjoyed making this cheap cat toy. Remember to always be present when your cat plays with the wool pompom.
Share this article
To be informed of the latest articles, subscribe: